|Recruitment Slides||Information about the Elementary Honors Chorus (grade 5) or the Jr. Honors Band and Orchestra|
|Information about 6th Grade Course Offerings in the Arts in all Arlington Middle Schools|
- Most of the materials and information for the Instrumental Music Program is now housed on our Instrumental Music Canvas Class. Follow the instructions below to access Canvas:
- On the very top of this website, click on the link to Canvas, or click the Canvas link below. If you are on a device, click on the “three lines” – and the Canvas icon should show up at the top.
- You will then be directed to the One Login screen
- User Name is your Student ID# (lunch #) and your student should know their password. If you need help, please contact me.
- From the Canvas Dashboard, click on Ms. Roth Music 2018-2019
- Scroll towards the bottom to see our lesson plans, and what to practice for the week
- On the left hand side of the page, underneath the “Home” page, you should see Flipgrid
- If your student wants to make a Flipgrid video, click on Flipgrid and find the grid that your student wants to add to.
- If you are on a computer, there is no need to download any program
- If you are on a device, iPhone, or iPad, you may have to download Flipgrid (which is a free app), and then go back to Canvas to access Flipgrid within Canvas. The students should be able to access Flipgrid without having to provide an email address, or a “code.”
- Henry 2018-19 Instrument Rental Form
- Click here to register for the 2018-2019 Instrumental Music Program!
- 2018 – 2019 Patrick Henry Fall Recruitment Letter
- Halloween Rag!
Chorus and Theater Club
Chorus, General Music, Theater Club and Music Makers: Ms. Hall – email me
Chorus, General Music, Theater Club and Music Makers: Ms. Pavolko – email me
I have had the pleasure of teaching general and vocal music at Patrick Henry since 2013. I am originally from Cincinnati, Ohio (GO BENGALS!), and have enjoyed being an Army Wife since 2005. My husband Ross is a bass drummer in the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, which means we will be stationed here for the rest of his career! Previous to this assignment, we enjoyed traveling with the Army Band and living in Kentucky, North Carolina, Arizona, and Texas.
I graduated from Bowling Green State University in 2005 with a degree in Music Education, K-12. I enjoy reading, running, knitting, and anything chocolate! Our daughter, Cecilia (Cece), was born in 2016 and she has been keeping our 2 cats on their toes ever since! My two younger brothers still live in Cincinnati and we always enjoy visiting our nieces, Evie and Duffy! I love watching the young musicians of Patrick Henry grow each year and look forward to many years of beautiful music to come! Follow the Patrick Henry General Music teachers on Twitter to see what we’ve been up to! @apshenrymusic
Chorus, General Music: Ms. Carrick – email me
Instrumental Music – Ms. Roth – email me
I have been teaching instrumental music at Patrick Henry since 1993! I love this school, the students, and the staff here! I live in the Arlington Heights neighborhood with my husband and our cats. Our three children all graduated from Arlington Schools, and received a robust and well-rounded education at APS.
I graduated from the University of Georgia with a Music Education degree, as well as a Performer’s Certificate on viola. I received my master’s degree from George Mason in 2003. I taught private Suzuki Violin lessons before I started working in the schools. I love teaching students as they start their study of a music instrument, and I enjoy following their progress through middle, high school, and beyond! Follow the Patrick Henry Instrumental Music program on Twitter – @MsRothMusic