One Crisis, One Community, Many Conversations
Join Arlington County for a Follow-Up to Arlington’s First Town Hall on Substance Use
- Do you know what a juul is?
- Is marijuana bad?
- Do you know the signs of substance use or addiction?
- Do you know who to call if you suspect a substance use problem?
These questions and more will be addressed at Arlington County’s second Town Hall on substance use, on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at Kenmore Middle School, 200 S. Carlin Springs Road, from 7-9 p.m. Join us for a panel discussion moderated by Kimberly Suiters, local investigative reporter for WJLA ABC7, and including officials from Arlington County Public Schools, Arlington County Law Enforcement, and Arlington County Human Services.
Remarks at the event will focus on:
- Recognizing the signs of substance abuse
- What Arlington County is doing to address substance use throughout the community
- Where and how to get help for someone with a substance use issue
Preceding and following the town hall will be a resource fair featuring many of the County and area organizations that provide services to the community at large as it relates to substance abuse, mental health, and law enforcement.
For more information, please contact Suzanne Somerville at 703-228-7340 or visit https://health.arlingtonva.us/opioid-awareness/.
This event is sponsored by the Arlington Addiction Recovery Initiative (AARI).